Forgot your password?

BBScanner: Listen to Police, Fire and EMS Streaming from your BlackBerry.

Home Forums BlackBerry News BBScanner: Listen to Police, Fire and EMS Streaming from your BlackBerry.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ronen Halevy 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Greg Myers
    Participant

screen-captureThis is an interesting little application that may interest some of our readers.

It’s probably not for everyone but if your bored or have had enough of Twitter/Facebook/MySpace then this may fill those hours before falling asleep.

BBScanner allows you to stream and listen to over 1000 police and fire scanners as well as railroad communications and weather radio broadcasts from all around the world.

There is a decent trial period of 14 days and after that, it will only end up setting you back $2.99.

Head over to bbscanner :Home to check out more and download the trial zip or OTA from here:BBScanner v1.0.1

Let us know what you think in the comments section below…
    BBScanner: Listen to Police, Fire and EMS Streaming from your BlackBerry.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Works perfectly on my sprint curve 8330.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Works perfectly on my Sprint curve 8330

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

“You’ll always have unrestricted access to the weather radios whether or not you decide to register.”

Wow. I’ve been waiting for something like this for the last 2 years since I bought my Curve.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Works great. Now if they can make it set off an alarm when severe weather is in your area.

I’d pay much more for that.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

I have been using this app for quite some time. I LOVE it and have registered it for the full functionality.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Gordon the developer is also great about the bug reporting and taking suggestions to the app. I placed the suggestion about the player timer and how long it has been running.

automan69
    Participant

Its a great app,but my thoughts are, It will soon not work when the switch to digital encrypted takes in affect in all channels. If you use this you will see that not all frequencies are working. I’m not to sure if the developer knows this or has a way around it? Just my 2 cents.

Wouldn't it be nice if when ever we messed up our live we could simply press ' Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over??

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

You can get severe weather alerts in email from accuweather.com. I use webmessanger messagealerts to make a unique sound for the alerts. They’re very good. I usually get an alert at least 30 min. Before a t-storm comes rolling in.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

I’ve been using this app in the beta form for over a month and it works great. The sound quality coming out of my Bold is fantastic but it eats batteries like nothing else.

Automan: this works by people plugging their scanners into their computer and streaming the output. So as long as they have scanners that pick up digital broadcasts and encryption, you’ll hear it. If they don’t, you won’t.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Thanks Ed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC