BBM Voice Chat review

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion BBM Voice Chat review

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Eric_lewis 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

DanielH
    Participant

Finally got to try out BBM voice calling with @JayH, a BR writer, and have to say, very cool feature. There were some bugs, we got disconnected twice the first time after 13 min and the second time after 10 min but I see a lot of potential there. I thought I heard a Thorsten Heins interview in which he said that the next progression is adding video to go with voice and my other thought was that maybe eventually we'll be able to call any email from bbm (since it's now BBID and not BBPin) or we'll see a RIM release a desktop app…who knows, speculation, but very cool none the less.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Yeah the video is really slick since it is a sort of picture in picture. Still I like the voice feature more than video. I don't like people seeing what I am doing. :)

DanielH
    Participant

Jay and I were saying the same thing, I would probably stick to voice most of the time as well, but if they improved it further to add video, I wouldn't mind. And, for the masses that just want that feature because you hear all about Face Time, another thing for RIM to check off the list.

DanielH
    Participant

Wait, Ronen, are you talking about video chat on the Playbook or do you have insider knowledge/developer release? I only heard an interview Heins gave hinting that would be the next progression for BBM.

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Yeah on BlackBerry 10 phones there will be built in video chat in BBM. It will also allow you to multitask with a PIP window in certain apps (Docs to Go etc.)

DanielH
    Participant

Wow, very cool

Eric_lewis
    Participant

I also find it a little odd that BBM Voice needs ports opened whereas Video Chat on the PlayBook does not. Maybe future updates will improve it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2014’ BerryReview LLC