Forgot your password?

BBM messages going into SMS (not into BBM)?

Home Forums BlackBerry Applications BBM messages going into SMS (not into BBM)?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  delikid 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

delikid
    Participant

I have finally gotten my wife to use BBM on her Curve 8330. She has 'SMS & Email Inboxes' set to "combined." When she hears the chime that I have sent her a BBM message, she goes to her Inbox, clicks on the msg and it takes her into SMS – NOT BBM. huh? If she sends me a message through BBM, I get it in my BBM.

Consequently, if I send her a message through BBM that is more than 160 char, she doesn't get the message. I've tried setting the 'Inboxes' to 'separated'. But, no change.

We are both on Sprint Curve 8330 OS 4.5.0.169.

Have you heard of this? Is there a fix?

Many thanks for any wisdoms!

Ian

8330 Curve 4.5.0.131 [Sprint]
    8830 WE 4.5.0.138 [Verizon]

Luis Merlos

That is really odd never heard of it only thing i can think off is to go to options while in message box and set it to separate icons for email and sms

delikid
    Participant

I tried all kind of different settings changes and reboots. I finally settled on installing the leaked BBM 5.0 on both our 8330's. So far, between last night and today, seems to have cleared up any issues.

Thanks for the suggestions!

8330 Curve 4.5.0.131 [Sprint]
    8830 WE 4.5.0.138 [Verizon]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC