Forgot your password?

BBM 5.0 Freezing upon opening (net_rim_bb_qm_peer is not responding)

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion BBM 5.0 Freezing upon opening (net_rim_bb_qm_peer is not responding)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Luis Merlos 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

vod332

Can anyone help out with this?

Anytime after a reboot, BBM seems to load fine. I can see all my conversations in the messages screen. Can open them, can respond, and can receive messages. Once I actually open the BBM icon on my BB Desktop, I can scroll for about 3 seconds, then it freezes up and eventually give me the error message "Uncaught Exception: Application net_rim_bb_qm_peer(214) is not responding; process terminated". The number at the end changes.

The only way to get it working, is to keep opening the icon, which takes about 3-5 minutes. I have to do this several times as it fails multiple times. Sometimes I have to reboot again and start all over to get it to stay stable.

This has happened with 5.0.0.54, 55, 56, & 57. It has also happened with OS 5.0.0.421 and 5.0.0.423 (and one before it, but can't remember OS #). On a 9700.

PLEASE HELP. Its driving me MAD!

Luis Merlos

What OS version and what model of BB ?

vod332

That seems like a silly response. Kinda thought that as Moderator you would read the whole posting?

"This has happened with 5.0.0.54, 55, 56, & 57. It has also happened with OS 5.0.0.421 and 5.0.0.423 (and one before it, but can't remember OS #). On a 9700"

Isn't that the answer to your question?

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Honestly you are kind of lucky :) I had that happen to me twice and both times it bricked my blackberry. Best advice is to reload with a selective restore not including bbm settings

vod332

I can't re-add all 76 contacts! Maybe it has something to do with remote backup?

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

The contacts can be readded through bbm local backup or remote backup. Not through desktop manager

vod332

Right, but every time I re-add the contacts, we run into the same problem which started this thread. It will work the first time, but then after first reboot, problem reappears. Only work around right now is to uninstall BBM, reboot, Install BBM, restore contacts.

This is not a livable solution. Anyone know how to re-create the database, so that it is no longer corrupt? (Without readding 76 contacts.)

Luis Merlos

That would be pretty hard, maybe if you do a backup remove them and restore from dm backup otherwise i have no idea how to do that I mean could be possible to add manually and create a new account but that would take some time for sure.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC