Forgot your password?

AT&T pulls latest Bold firmware upgrade

Home Forums BlackBerry News AT&T pulls latest Bold firmware upgrade

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Luis Merlos 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Right. Ronen advocates carrier’s not being involved or being less involved in the firmware release process. So here we have ATT releasing a firmware and it breaks stuff. Yeah, so what’s the point RIM? You waited for a carrier to release this and it still broke stuff. So RIM needs to a) do a better job of internal QA/QC and b) don’t wait for a carrier ok since that obviously doesn’t matter.

Verizon Bold 9930 work
    Verizon Droid Bionic play

Greg Myers

screen-captureThe team over at BGR are all over this news like a rash. Seems AT&T have pulled their latest BlackBerry Bold firmware upgrade citing issues affecting the interaction between device and network enhancements being deployed.

There’s no news of when a replacement will become available but (sarc) “rest assured, the technicians over at AT&T and RIM are putting in some overtime to get this issue sorted”… Give us a break…. Just release v5.0 already and be done with it RIM…

Tends to add more fuel to the fire in Ronen’s letter to RIM yesterday. I Have A BlackBerry Dream An Open Letter to RIM

(Courtesy: BGR (original article link:
    AT&T pulls latest Bold firmware upgrade

Luis Merlos

I find it that OS usually works a lot better when I use a beta than when I use one thats officially released by a carrier, for example work great when it leaked, upgraded to the official release from Rogers I believe, OS worked like crap, so decided to bump it up to 5.0 my phone works great besides the fact that some apps don’t work, but performance wise is awesome. Carriers wait a century to release it anyways by that time the best stuff out is the leak versions, so what’s the point. I haven’t really used carrier issue OS more than a few times so what’s the point on waiting for their approval anyways.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC