Forgot your password?

Arianna Huffington gets kicked off plane — wouldn't turn off Blackberry

Home Forums Discuss Anything Arianna Huffington gets kicked off plane — wouldn't turn off Blackberry

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  fastcivic416 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Barry
    Participant

lol

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/post/2011/01/huffington-airplane-blackberry/138215/1

Definitely addicted to their Berry. I remember watchin an interview with her on a talk show and she said she carries 2-3 blackberries with her at a time.

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

Terrence T
    Participant

Lol. First read on cb. She isn’t the only prominent person in this kind of scene

Fubaz

yeah its kinda SAD when celebs think they are above the rules.. but i know some arrogant pricks that act the same.

Big Up Big Up, Its a Stick Up Stick Up

Edwin
    Participant

All in all, blackberry is preferred in all types of business. With rim’s securities which as of right now no one can touch. With rim’s push technology and now if I read correctly the secure link between ur playbook and blackberry device. Their be the 1st smartphone marker to actually secure a bluetooth signal. Moral of the story the guy is a blackberry hater lol.

DanielH
    Participant

lol, she wasn’t the first and won’t be the last, nor is celebrity status required.

I mean, how many times have you heard the funeral cellphone incident story, the wedding, the business deal…cellphones have been pushing at etiquette’s gate for some time now so it was only a matter of time before cellphones started conflicting with law, such as airplane takeoffs.

That said, I did like the spokesperson’s comment. Could have slipped in a few more punches @ Apple though :)

DanielH
    Participant

Guess she wasn’t using the Airplane Mode On app…

Barry
    Participant
    Quote:
    Moss notes at least three recent incidents, including one that got Hollywood star Josh Duhamel thrown off a December flight and another in December in which a 68-year-old-man punched 15-year-old-boy who refused to turn off his phone.

lol, wow at the 68 year old punching the kid

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

fastcivic416
    Participant

who is this arianna chick? i’ve never heard of her….

DanielH
    Participant

She founded the internet news website Huffington Post. Recently just sold it to AOL for 40 mill if I recall

fastcivic416
    Participant

dshcpa1 said:

She founded the internet news website Huffington Post. Recently just sold it to AOL for 40 mill if I recall

oh….meh. she doesn’t know me so she can’t be THAT important =P

babisboi
    Participant

Barry said:

Quote:
    Moss notes at least three recent incidents, including one that got Hollywood star Josh Duhamel thrown off a December flight and another in December in which a 68-year-old-man punched 15-year-old-boy who refused to turn off his phone.

lol, wow at the 68 year old punching the kid

I can’t believe an old man would hit a little kid over a phone. Don’t get me wrong, I’m addicted to my Berry too, but I ain’t fighting anyone for it. I love hearing stories about celebrities getting kicked off of planes for refusing to get off their phones. Did they really think it was going to work at 32000 feet?

DanielH
    Participant

It wasn’t the first and won’t be the last, if I had read this in the newspaper I probably would glanced right over it. Also, blackberry is substitutable for other things…

fastcivic416
    Participant

excuse my lack of experience….the last time i was on a plane, it was 1992 and the internet was just a thought…..

can u not use the phone after the plane takes off?

also, can’t u just shut off the radio or put it in airplane mode?

DanielH
    Participant

It’s during takeoff and landing, all electronics are supposed to be turned off. When the plane gets to cruising altitude, it’s usually then that the pilot will announce that you can turn electronics on.

fastcivic416
    Participant

dshcpa1 said:

It’s during takeoff and landing, all electronics are supposed to be turned off. When the plane gets to cruising altitude, it’s usually then that the pilot will announce that you can turn electronics on.

wow….they couldn’t turn off their phones for fifteen mins? do u really think that in those 15 mins, ur life is gonna change that much if u don’t have ur phone on?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC