Forgot your password?

Archived BES Express release notes

Home Forums Questions and Answers Archived BES Express release notes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Derek Brown 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Derek Brown
    Participant

Does anyone have the release notes for BES Express 5.0.1.12? The IT policy import feature was removed in BES Express since the original 5.0.1.4 release, and I am trying to find what version dropped it. I don’t see release notes on blackberry.com prior to 5.0.2.X, but I’m hoping someone has an archived copy that might provide some insight as to when the feature was removed (and perhaps why). This all goes back to the fact that BES Express users on an up-to-date version cannot sync FaceBook contacts/calendar with their BlackBerry counterparts.

Derek Brown
    Sr. Systems Engineer
    Vision One IT Consulting

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Derek Brown
    Participant

Maybe that helps. Some people are telling me they don’t have the import options on 5.0.1.12, but they might just be looking at the wrong spot. I know it was there in 5.0.1.4, as I used it to import the FaceBook policies needed for contact/calendar sync on at least a half-dozen BESx installations. I’ve still got access to some 5.0.1.4 installs and can still see this option, but on my recently upgraded BESx (5.0.2.29), the option is gone.

In 5.0.1.4, you could go to Policy, Manage IT Policy Rules, and there was an option to “Import IT Policy Definitions”, but this option is gone in 5.0.2.29. My guess is that it was silently removed in SP2, which is why I wanted to see the release notes for 5.0.1.12 (as I assume it is not mentioned there and the option still existed).

The link you sent me does show something interesting: In the admin guide for 5.0.1, I see that the table showing preconfigured role permissions indicates that Security and Enterprise roles have permissions to import IT policy rules, but in 5.0.2 these categories are missing.

As a manual workaround, if you go to https://<BES_FQDN&gt;:<BES_port>/webconsole/app?component=goToImportPageLink&page=ManageITPolicyRules&service=direct&session=T&sp=SImportITPolicyUserDefinedTemplateItem&sp=X&sp=X&sp=X, you are taken to the page to import the IT policy rules, but it doesn’t work. In 5.0.1.4, that page imports the XML file and says “The IT policy definitions have been updated”, but on 5.0.2.29 (both versions have identical pages when you go to that link), it says “The system has encountered an error. Please contact your administrator.”

So, did they remove the feature? Did they simply deny access for any user role to import IT policy rules? The page is still there, so it looks like they half-removed it, and I’m just trying to figure out how to bring it back (supported or unsupported).

Derek Brown
    Sr. Systems Engineer
    Vision One IT Consulting

Derek Brown
    Participant
    Quote:
    As a manual workaround, if you go to https://<BES_FQDN&gt;:<BES_port>/webconsole/app?component=goToImportPageLink&page=ManageITPolicyRules&service=direct&session=T&sp=SImportITPolicyUserDefinedTemplateItem&sp=X&sp=X&sp=X, you are taken to the page to import the IT policy rules, but it doesn’t work. In 5.0.1.4

I tried to wrap certain parts of the URL with < and >, but it butchered my link. The following link assumes a hostname of MYBES and a port of 3443, so change as necessary:

https://MYBES:3443/webconsole/app?component=goToImportPageLink&page=ManageITPolicyRules&service=direct&session=T&sp=SImportITPolicyUserDefinedTemplateItem&sp=X&sp=X&sp=X

Derek Brown
    Sr. Systems Engineer
    Vision One IT Consulting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC