Forgot your password?

Apps you want to see on the Playbook?

Home Forums General BlackBerry Discussion Apps you want to see on the Playbook?

This topic contains 26 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Barry 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

DanielH
    Participant

I’ll go with Dropbox. What does everyone else want to see available out of the gate. Also, ideas for apps not currently on BB work too. Two very thin categories I’d say are PDF readers and Flash cards, which I think would be awesome on the playbook.

Barry
    Participant

Skype would be one of my first requests..

Oh and an eReader app. I know they have a kobo one, but just want a generic one that reads epub.

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

DanielH
    Participant

barrist said:

Skype would be one of my first requests..

Oh and an eReader app. I know they have a kobo one, but just want a generic one that reads epub.

Agreed on ebook apps. I know amazon said they will have a kindle app for the playbook, which I’ll probably stick with.

Barry
    Participant

Angry Birds for sure will be heavily requested..

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

DanielH
    Participant

Speaking of ebooks, maybe with the rise of the Tablet we’ll finally see a Google Reader app. Although, I guess with the Playbook there wouldn’t be much of a need since the internet is fully featured.

Ebooks, Podcasts, and RSS readers.

DanielH
    Participant

barrist said:

Angry Birds for sure will be heavily requested..

lol, heard of it but couldn’t even tell you what it is.

Barry
    Participant

dshcpa1 said:

lol, heard of it but couldn’t even tell you what it is.

i honestly couldn’t either.. hah never played it

Barry
    Participant

dshcpa1 said:

Speaking of ebooks, maybe with the rise of the Tablet we’ll finally see a Google Reader app. Although, I guess with the Playbook there wouldn’t be much of a need since the internet is fully featured.

Ebooks, Podcasts, and RSS readers.

hey what about a good multimedia app? something to play all the formats, mkv’s etc..

DanielH
    Participant

barrist said:

i honestly couldn’t either.. hah never played it

Haha, guilty. I didn’t even know it was a game but you knew it was something to play…

DanielH
    Participant

barrist said:

hey what about a good multimedia app? something to play all the formats, mkv’s etc..

Is VLC Player available on tablets or mobile yet?

Barry
    Participant

dshcpa1 said:

Is VLC Player available on tablets or mobile yet?

don’t think so, haven’t seen any player like that for a tablet

DanielH
    Participant

I think we’ll see a lot of new stuff on the game front. Stuff that PC game creators wouldn’t even attempt on a smartphone but on a 7-10 inch screen, now I might consider it.

citystars41
    Participant

As long as they have kindle i’ll be a happy camper

Building the BlackBerry empire one user at a time

Barry
    Participant

dshcpa1 said:

I think we’ll see a lot of new stuff on the game front. Stuff that PC game creators wouldn’t even attempt on a smartphone but on a 7-10 inch screen, now I might consider it.

i know someone with an iphone4 and the games are actually quite impressive, and look quite sharp on the retina display

DanielH
    Participant

barrist said:

don’t think so, haven’t seen any player like that for a tablet

What about netflix online, just stream those right thru the internet?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC