Forgot your password?

Anyone know which bits of OS6 leak on 9700 I can lose to trim the size?

Home Forums Questions and Answers Anyone know which bits of OS6 leak on 9700 I can lose to trim the size?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  fastcivic416 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

spcurtis81

I’ve seen forum posts in the past for previous OS that have outlined which bits of the OS are not necessary in most cases. This lead me to be quite frugal in what I would load to my blackberry in the past. In most cases, much of the language support etc was irrelevant to me so I skipped it.

However, I’ve been trying for hours to load OS6 leak to my 9700 and it kept failing on reconnecting to JVM. I couldn’t fathom what was going on until I saw an error message relating to Languages. So I tried to install the OS again, this time selecting EVERYTHING on offer and it loaded fine. Naturally the OS installed is on the large size. Any ideas on what I can remove e.g. language support, DOD certs etc?

www.tigerbluecreative.com

Luis Merlos

you can remove any games like brick breaker, any apps you don’t need

m0m0

Get rid of all languages, VAD (voice dialing) and VVM ( visual voicemail) if you don’t use them. These will save you several MBs.

Barry
    Participant

one big memory eater are fonts,, so if you know you’re not going to use for example times new roman as your font, you can take it out with bbsak

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

Barry
    Participant

almost forgot, also the startup video takes up like 4mb

Man this is crazy. You are dancing with the entire McPoyle Family. These people are freak shows, man...freaks. But you're keeping your cool. You're keeping your cool. You know why? Because you are the Green Man. Green Man is saving your life right now, bro. Just go with the flow.

Edwin
    Participant

Where can I find the intro video, I personally removed tasks, memopad and vvm.

Barry
    Participant

Edwin said:

Where can I find the intro video, I personally removed tasks, memopad and vvm.

i believe it is net_rim_bb_mediaOTA_toolkit_360x400_9700_01.cod

Edwin
    Participant

Ok so I was able to delete, the intro video, task, memo, vvm, brike breaker, vd, and all the fonts instead of arial.

I have fontcollection 2.0 so I can install and uninstall any font I want without hurting the memory.

I was left with 110mb b4 it was 86mb, much better if u ask me. 9700/6.0.0.380

vecharo

if you use BBHybrids Tool 2.0, which includes Shrink A OS, it takes out a lot automatically including languages and the videos.

BBHybrids Tools. When i load .424 it’s at around 43mbs

follow me on twitter @vecharo

fastcivic416
    Participant

looks like i need to catch up in the bb world. i know i could all that on os5 but i haven’t done it in a long ass time. i guess it doesn’t help that i’m using a storm 9530…..smh.

storm3 (monaco) where art thou??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC