Forgot your password?

Aloqa Helps You Find Interesting Local Events & Friends

Home Forums BlackBerry News Aloqa Helps You Find Interesting Local Events & Friends

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  delikid 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ronen Halevy
    Keymaster

Aloqa just released a beta application for the Bold & 8900 Curve which supposedly lets you find interesting places, events, & friends near you. I am not sure exactly how it pulls that off but supposedly they are fed information from Facebook Connect, Yelp, Eventful, last.fm, Wikipedia, Craigslist, Topix, Fon, Coulomb Technologies, GreatDad, Google Maps API, Qype, Call-A-Bike, Nestoria, and BeLocal.

BBerry-addingchannels BBerry-craigslistdeals Bberry-facebookfriend

The idea is that instead of searching you cal use your location to find favorite hotspots, friends, events of interest, and recommended bargains close by. I am withholding judgment until I get a chance to thoroughly test this out myself but it sounds interesting.

Bberry-homescreen Bberry-localmusicevent BBerry-neareststarbucks

Check it out at http://www.aloqa.com and let me know what you find!

Thanks Andre for sending this one in!

Aloqa Helps You Find Interesting Local Events & Friends

automan69
    Participant

Sounds interesting but only for USA and Germany. Too bad.

Wouldn't it be nice if when ever we messed up our live we could simply press ' Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over??

delikid
    Participant

… this app only for those with a curve 8900 or a bold 9000.

8330 Curve 4.5.0.131 [Sprint]
    8830 WE 4.5.0.138 [Verizon]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BlackBerry© is a registered Trademark of BlackBerry Limited. BerryReview is in no way affiliated with BlackBerry Limited though sometimes their lawyers send us love letters...

Copyright © 2007-‘2016’ BerryReview LLC