Earlier today, BlackBerry’s servers started going live with the latest BlackBerry 10 OS, which many of you might have been waiting for. The BlackBerry OS 10.3.3 is supposed to be the next update of the BlackBerry 10.3 OS for BlackBerry 10 devices. If your still holding onto a BlackBerry 10 device like me, this might be of real interest value.
It seems like whilst some users are also receiving this update OTA already, the links to the OS itself are already active. At this point of time, this are the changes that have been found:
- New anti-phishing setting in browser settings
- New NFC toggles in system settings
- Android RunTime bug solved that prevented Android apps from fully uninstalling (in 10.3.2)
- Native FaceBook application totally gone
- SNAP (3rd party Google Play) seems to be broken
If your interested to test it out before the OTA hits you, you can do so with the autoloaders below. Note that these files are autoloaders, which means that these will destroy any data on your device. The software here are also provided as it is and we are not responsible for any damage done to your device. Also, please note that updating to the latest OS will mean that you cannot downgrade to an older version as well.
Finally, these will need a Windows Computer (Preferably NOT Windows 10) with BlackBerry Link/drivers installed prior.
- Download the correct version of the OS for your device below:
- Extract the file out from the zip archive
- Connect your BlackBerry Device to the computer via a USB cable
- Once connected, if BlackBerry Link opens, close it
- Run the file you previously extracted by double clicking on it