As someon who is bilingual I often type text messages, emails swithcing from one language to the other or sometimes I type in Spanglish if he other peson understands both languages. BlackBerry has long been the king when it comes to providing the best keyboard typing experience on a mobile device now the also have one of the best virtual keyboards as well. When BlackBerry introduce BB10 and made it even easier for me to use two lanaguages simulanesouly withouth having to change the language input on th sysem and do that back and forth, that immediately became my favorite. Now move forward to te BlackBerry Priv which has a touch sensitive keyboard which combines the preditive features and swipingo flick predictive words into your messages that makes the typing experience one of the best; That includes typing on both the virtual and physical keyboard. I have actually tried to learn other keyboards available on the android market on several android devices but it just doesn’t cut it for me. Now that you have a BlackBerry with an Android operating system it makes the Android experience a whole lot better. Typing on the keyboard is really fast because the system predicts words that can be flicked up to the message and as you use the keyboard it learns from your typing style. It its amazing how fast it learns you typing behavior making the predictive feature even more acurate. Now don’t think that the system will actually predict every word correctly but it sure gets prett close. The latest update to the Android version of the BlackBerry keyboard now added prediction and correction for up to 3 similar languages at the same time along with emoji prediction.
Priv keyboard description:
• A reinvented physical keyboard that optimizes accuracy, ergonomic comfort and precise control.
• A market disrupting touch sensitive keyboard to help you get things done fast.
• A complementary set of on-screen virtual keyboards for touch interaction and fast access to the most critical text elements
• An intelligent input engine that allows the keyboard to learn and remember words you type often and then offer them as next-word suggestions.
• A set of software capabilities that allows shortcuts to user-defined words and phrases, and more…
• Quick and easy creation of text with the renowned BlackBerry Keyboard, featuring auto correction, next word prediction and a Personal Dictionary.
• More efficiency through learning and personalization. The keyboard gets more accurate over time as it learns your style and word selection.
• Text Selection and Fine Cursor Control make it easy to format your work properly and give it a polished and professional appearance.
• Settings that put you in control of your keyboard experience.
The keyboard is definitely one of the best out there both physical and virtual versions of it and the Priv sports both in a really nice piece of hardware. On a side note if you search the internet the keyboard and the BlackBerry launcher have been ported over to be used on other Android devices.
Tu turn on the multi-language go to settings then language and input, click on BlackBerry Keyboard settings, and add your language from there. Let us know what you like the best about the PRIV, sound off below.