Its almost a month since BlackBerry released the BlackBerry Priv. Today, BlackBerry has just pushed out their first update to the BlackBerry Priv which brings a whole suite of enhancements. Don’t forget to ensure that your phone has at least 475MB and make sure your on Wi-Fi and have a stable source of power before continuing!
This update brings about the following changes:
- An improved camera: We’ve implemented a number of tweaks that improve the speed of our camera app, and re-tuned it for better low-light image quality.
- Better performance: We’ve also tweaked the PRIV’s software to improve overall system performance
- Improved stability: The update further includes a number of adjustments designed to improve device reliability and reduce instances of crashing and freezing.
- Enhanced security: Lastly, the release includes December’s security patches – rest easy knowing your device is protected against the latest Android security threats.
Furthermore, on 14 December, BlackBerry will also be updating the Blackberry Keyboard, Blackberry Hub, Blackberry Camera, and DTEK which will bring along the following enhancements:
- Camera: Great new filters to engage your artistic side
- Keyboard: Increased language support and emojis added to predictive typing
- Hub & Contacts: Now includes WhatsApp
- DTEK by BlackBerry: More notification options to alert you when apps use your info
How do you update the main system?
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network before downloading the update, in order to avoid unnecessary data charges.
- Look for the update alert in your phone’s notifications tray. You can also check for software updates by going to Settings -> About -> System Updates and tapping the “Check for Updates” button.
- Choose to apply the update, and it will download in the background. You can continue to use your PRIV while it does so.
- Restart your phone to complete the installation process.