Apart from CNBC, BlackBerry CEO John Chen also spoke to other news network at Milken Institute. Fox Business Network (FBN) has been lucky enough to score an interview with John Chen during the Opening Bell. In this interview, BlackBerry John Chen spoke about many points as mentioned below.
- To make BlackBerry even more secure by probably introducing voice encryption and data exchange encryption (via WatchDox Technologies)
- For revenue over the next 5 years, he wants it to be at least a 50-50 with software and hardware, though a higher inclination towards software
- BlackBerry is in the last few quarters of the low margin business, and BlackBerry is managing the margin over the revenue at the moment.
- They only have fresh inventories left, nothing old.
- So right now they are really concentrated at generating cash, make themselves profitable and finally, investing in themselves for the future.
This is yet another John Chen masterpiece from the Milken Institute and is definitely worth your six minutes to watch about.