BlackBerry was holding back a few big enterprise partners for the BlackBerry Classic launch to make it more appealing to enterprises. They have just announced a whole slew of new applications and solutions either coming or available for BlackBerry 10. Nothing groundbreaking but its great to see them gaining traction here:
BlackBerry Expands Enterprise Application Portfolio
BlackBerry introduces industry-leading enterprise partners who are delivering applications on the new BlackBerry Classic smartphone
Dec 17, 2014
Waterloo, ON – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in mobile communications, announced today an expansion of its enterprise application ecosystem available on the BlackBerry® Classic, including partnerships with Aderant, Bighand Inc., Bloomberg LP, Box Inc., CellTrak Technologies, Cisco Systems Inc., Entrust, GoldCare, InterAct, Onset Technology, Rekoop, Salient Federal Solutions, and SAP. The growing catalog of enterprise applications focused on specific industries – including healthcare, financial and professional services – signals that more and more partners are choosing BlackBerry and its new BlackBerry Classic as the platform of choice to offer secure and productivity enhancing solutions to customers.
“BlackBerry is committed to working with its partners to deliver the applications necessary for our customers to be productive at work and on-the-go,” said Peter Ng, BlackBerry’s Senior Director of Global Alliances & Business Development. “We continue to listen to our customers and we are actively working to deliver secure vertical applications, whether they are helping patients in a hospital, looking for real-time marketing trading information, or filing legal documentation while on the road visiting clients.”
BlackBerry’s enterprise applications help organizations and their employees be more productive, and collaborate and communicate more efficiently, while also giving them the confidence to do business with the security and privacy only BlackBerry offers. BlackBerry Classic users and enterprises will have access to some of the newest applications including:
- Aderant: Expert On the Go – Expert On the Go connects to your Aderant back-end corporate system and minimizes lost time by providing convenient, mobile access for time capture with a rich interactive user experience.
- Bighand, Inc: Bighand – Bighand enables advanced voice productivity, digital dictation and workflow solution, which is designed to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Bloomberg LP: Bloomberg Professional* – Bloomberg enables instant access to your business and finance news, market data and portfolio tracking tools from Bloomberg, the most trusted source for financial professionals.
- Box, Inc.: Box – Box is a secure way for sharing business content and improving collaboration on any device.
- CellTrak Technologies: CellTrak next generation – CellTrak next generation transforms how field staff deliver care by improving compliance while increasing productivity allowing for more patient visits and time per patient. Its ability to easily monitor patient’s data allows for early intervention to reduce acute care visits and preventable readmissions.
- Cisco Systems Inc.: Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Solution* – Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Solution allows employees to work from anywhere, on any device, regardless of physical location. Workers globally can more securely access the network with their device of choice, so they can do their jobs in a highly protected manner.
- Entrust: Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile – Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile is an innovative mobile identity application that enables individuals to strongly authenticate using their BlackBerry device, eliminating the need to carry an additional authenticator like a hardware token.
- GoldCare: GoldCare Mobility Plus – GoldCare Mobility Plus is an easy-to-use solution to complete client visits and enter data once at the point-of-care. Homecare workers have the freedom to securely manage appointment, client, and program information, and improve documentation, reporting and communications in the field.
- InterAct: PocketCop – PocketCop delivers critical communications, actionable data, and situational awareness to law enforcement officers in the field for tactical decision making and responder safety.
- Onset Technology: OnPage – OnPage is a priority Messaging System for smartphones that eliminates the need to carry a traditional pager to separate critical messages from the clutter of SMS and email. Each message comes with continuous alert until read to ensure no message is lost.
- Rekoop: TimeCapture – TimeCapture captures time on the move from your smartphone either manually or automatically from phone calls and can also view and amend your entire time sheet directly from your device.
- Salient Federal Solutions: Voyager Query for Law Enforcement – Voyager Query for Law Enforcement offers affordable and easy access to criminal justice data. It provides law enforcement agencies with real-time access to information and officers can run warrants and driver’s license checks right from a web browser, smartphone, or tablet and get responses in seconds.
- SAP: CFO Vantage – CFO Vantage showcases how management can connect to SAP ERP to track important KPIs and access analyst and media coverage anytime and anywhere.A growing number of key partners – from several industries and regions – partnered with BlackBerry to deliver their application experience on the new BlackBerry Classic. Here’s what a few of them have to say:
Aderant – Aderant is the world’s largest independent legal software provider offering comprehensive practice, financial and case management solutions for law and professional services firms of all sizes worldwide.
“The one constant in the ever-changing mobile technology market has been BlackBerry’s leadership in law firms. Aderant strives to enable our customers to be productive no matter where they work, and we value our collaboration with BlackBerry to build and optimize mobile legal applications that run on BlackBerry devices including the new BlackBerry Classic,” said Mike Barry, EVP Product Development, Aderant.
Bloomberg is the leader in global business and financial information, enabling customers to make smarter, faster, more informed business decisions.
“Our priority is to be on the mobile platforms that are important to our users with experiences that help them get their job done in the most optimal way possible,” said Oke Okaro, Global Head and General Manager of Mobile & Connected Devices, Bloomberg. “Bloomberg Professional on BlackBerry Classic is the ideal platform for financial professionals who need a secure mobile work environment that offers the device features and functionality such as the QWERTY keyboard and touch-screen for gaining access to critical market moving news, data and tools.”
CellTrak offers a fully integrated care coordination platform that enables operational excellence for homecare providers across the globe.
“CellTrak‘s next generation solution has been empowering mobile home healthcare workers since 2007. Our customers require a robust and reliable smartphone that lasts for an 8-hour shift in the community on a single charge. CellTrak’s next generation solution running on BlackBerry 10 OS devices remains a top choice for our 44,000 active healthcare workers. BlackBerry supports health information privacy in an enterprise platform that allows us to deploy and manage thousands of users in the community,” said Barry Billings, Vice President, CellTrak Canada
Entrust has been at the forefront of the identity-based security market for nearly two decades and its solutions secure governments, enterprises and financial institutions in more than 5,000 organizations spanning 85 countries.
“Entrust Datacard continues to invest in supporting BlackBerry mobile devices, including the latest BlackBerry Classic and BlackBerry Passport. Entrust Datacard customers, particularly those from the government vertical, continue to demand Entrust products be supported on the latest BlackBerry devices,” said Chris Taylor, Senior Product Manager, Entrust Identity Guard.
GoldCare is a leading provider of healthcare information management software for community, residential and long-term care organizations.
“As a long-standing innovation partner, we value the collaborative relationship we have with BlackBerry to offer a mobile healthcare management application that operates on BlackBerry devices. We are excited to continue our investment in BlackBerry through the support of the new BlackBerry Classic, giving care providers the freedom to securely manage appointment, client and program information directly on their BlackBerry, using our MobilityPlus solution,” said Paula Hucko, President, GoldCare Inc.
*Applications will be available in early January 2015.
A global leader in mobile communications, BlackBerry® revolutionized the mobile industry when it was introduced in 1999. Today, BlackBerry aims to inspire the success of our millions of customers around the world by continuously pushing the boundaries of mobile experiences. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The Company trades under the ticker symbols "BB" on the Toronto Stock Exchange and "BBRY" on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit www.BlackBerry.com.