Several weeks ago, BlackBerry released the beta version of API level 10.3.1 and Momentics 2.1.1 for BlackBerry. Now, the Gold release is here! This release includes all of the features from the beta release, as well as a few additional bug fixes and documentation updates. This article summarizes some of the key features.
The Gold release is designed to continue supporting your development efforts for the BlackBerry Classic smartphone. It includes features such as:
- New trackpad event handlers, UI effects, and the Credential Manager Library
- New personal information management (PIM) APIs with out-of-office notifications, email previews, and contact management features
- Updated Device characteristics, Trackpad input, Design units, and Static asset selection docs, including tips for developing for the BlackBerry Classic
You can also take advantage of the following features:
- New and updated permissions, including Phone Call Details, Phone Call Logs, Push, Run in Background, and Personal network
- Support for enterprise app development and advanced data at rest protection (ADARP), including the AdarpDomain and DataLockState classes, Sensitive data in the work space and Security for enterprise documentation, and ADARP permissions
As always, there are other places to help you learn about new features in this release:
- Look at the previous article for the beta release for extra details about features that were included in beta.
- Check out the release notes for information about API level 10.3.1 Gold and Momentics IDE 2.1.1 Gold, as well as known issues, fixed issues, and other important details.
- Read the blog post on the Inside BlackBerry Developer Blog to get more information and a few code snippets.
- Download our sample apps and try out the features yourself.
Read some more: BlackBerry Dev Blog