We told you guys earlier this month that the BlackBerry Z3 was headed for Singapore, after it cleared the approval with the government. Now, the guys over at OurBerries again has let us know that it is now officially available there! Unfortunately, at the moment, BlackBerry is still launching the 3G variant there.
The BlackBerry Z3 will be available in Singapore, starting today at a recommended retail price of SGD$288, from only one of the three available telcos, StarHub. The reason behind this, I suspect, would be because the other 2 Telco’s are actively pursuing and pushing for 4G, with one already launching LTE-A for speeds of up to 300mbps. As such, the other 2 have little interest in a 3G only device.
[spoiler]SINGAPORE – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in mobile communications, today introduced the new BlackBerry® Z3 smartphone in Singapore. The BlackBerry Z3 will now available to customers through BlackBerry’s authorized carrier, StarHub. For more information, please visit BlackBerry.com/z3.
The BlackBerry Z3 smartphone provides BlackBerry users more ways to connect and share, with an experience built on reliable, secure communications. BlackBerry Z3, will keep Singaporean users better connected and more productive with a 5” display, long lasting battery and the best typing experience on a touchscreen.
Key features include:
· BlackBerry® Hub – The ever present BlackBerry Hub lets you access all your work and personal email, BBMTM, text messages, social media updates and notifications in one place, with the ability to “peek” into the BlackBerry Hub from anywhere, so you’re always only one swipe away from what matters to you. The Hub can be customized to identify priority messages and to filter the message list by various criteria that you can then activate with a simple pinch gesture.
· BBM – BBM on the BlackBerry Z3 includes all the latest features of the popular mobile social network. You get BBM voice and video chatting with Screen Share and support for BlackBerry Natural Sound, letting you hear nuances and variations in tone in a BBM Voice chat, and making the conversation sound like you’re in the same room.
· BlackBerry Keyboard – The BlackBerry Keyboard learns what words you use and how you use them, then offers them up to you so you can type faster and more accurately. It gives you the best typing experience on a touchscreen, complete with multi-language support that lets you type in up to 3 different languages at the same time.
· Time Shift & Story Maker – The BlackBerry Z3’s astonishing Time Shift camera feature lets you capture a group shot where everyone is smiling with their eyes wide open. You can also use Story Maker to bring a collection of photos and videos together, along with music and effects, to
produce an HD movie that you can instantly share on YouTube.
· BlackBerry 10 Browser – The BlackBerry 10 browser sets the industry benchmark for HTML5 performance on smartphones, and is incredibly fast, with fluid and responsive scrolling and zooming. The browser includes many advanced features, supports multiple tabs, lets you browse sites privately, includes a reader mode, and integrates with the platform for easily sharing content. You can even save web pages for later viewing.
· Instant Previews & Reply Now – Be more timely and responsive with Instant Previews that bring BBM, SMS and email message to you no matter what you are doing on your BlackBerry Z3. You can even reply to your BBM or SMS messages in any app, or swipe to the BlackBerry Hub to respond. If you get a phone call that you can’t answer right way, you can instantly silence the call and send a Reply Now response through BBM, SMS or email to let the caller know you’re busy.
· Fast, Easy Sharing – The BlackBerry Z3 learns how you share and who you share with, helping you reduce the number of steps and amount of time it takes to get your files, photos, or documents to where they need to go. Touching “share” in any app provides suggestions on who and how to share your files based on who you’ve shared with in the past, and the feature only gets smarter the more you use it.
· FM Radio – The new BlackBerry Z3 includes a built-in FM radio. You can listen to local FM stations, which does not require any network connection.