BlackBerry is on a mission to make BlackBerry World suck less for developers. In that vein they have updated the vendor portal to FINALLY make developers lives easier with a new UI along with things as simple as being able to change license type. This is all focused around user experience for developers and really shows that BlackBerry may finally be listening.
Here are the updates in the BlackBerry World Vendor Portal:
- New UI look and feel
- Streamlined process for submitting apps
- Simplified management of screenshots and images
- Promotion codes
- License type management: switch from free to paid
- Enhanced reports: more detailed and specific for downloads, purchases or subscriptions
- Reports for customer reviews
- Both preconfigured and custom charts for apps and promotions
If you are a developer let me know what you think of the changes. You can find documentation for the changes at this link.