A friend of mine pointed out to me that BlackBerry snuck in a feature into BlackBerry 10.2 that I totally missed. The BlackBerry HelpBlog pointed out that you can subscribe to iCalShare (ICS) calendars on BlackBerry 10. This allows you to easily add public holidays or team schedules to your calendar without having to maintain it yourself. There is a whole wealth of great iCal shares on www.icalshare.com and many more sources are available.
All you need to add a shared calendar is to follow these steps:
- On the home screen swipe down from the top of the screen
- Tap Settings > Accounts > > Subscribed Calendar
- In the Calendar Name field, enter a name for the calendar
- In the Server Address field, enter the address of the public calendar in ICS format
- For example, http://server/calendar.ics
- Tap Done