The awesome Parrot Voice Recorder has gone headless on BlackBerry 10 with the release of v2.2 on OS 10.2.1+. This new release gives the pro version of the app headless support so the app no longer needs to be left open to record phone calls and easily allows you to record in the background. They have also added some nice tweaks to the free version. Check out the change log below:
What’s new in 2.2:
– Headless Call Recording: Parrot no longer needs to be left open in order to record phone calls. The app will remain open in headless mode (with minimal CPU usage) even after you close it. Calls can be recorded automatically and instant notifications are displayed when recording begins and ends. Headless call recording and instant notifications can be turned on and off in the app settings.
– Many small UI tweaks to give a more consistent experience. New splash screen and updated icon.
– A number of minor bug fixes and speed improvements.
– Headless: Allows Parrot to run while in the background. This is used to monitor for incoming and outgoing calls for users with Pro mode. The app will then record the phone call (if enabled) and use minimal resources. Users who do not wish to record calls can disallow this permission.
– Notifications Control: Allows Parrot to post notifications to the hub when calls start and stop recording. Users who do not wish to record calls can disallow this permission.