My favorite voice recorder for BlackBerry 10 just got a very nice update to v2.1 recently. This new update brings some new pro features including call recording on OS 10.2.1. You can now be prompted or automatically record calls in Parrot. On top of that they have added the following pro features:
- Call Recording: You can now be prompted or automatically record phone calls within Parrot. Tested to work with OS 10.2.1!
- Password Protection: Password protect your track lists. We have implemented one-way encryption using the BlackBerry OS Cryptographic Kernel. Passwords can be recovered using your BlackBerry ID.
- Import Tracks: Bring your outside recordings into Parrot to manage them.
- Media Key: The media key can be enabled to start and stop recordings.
They have also added these features to the free version of Parrot:
- Style: A brand new icon, theme and style to the app. You’ll notice sharper lines and a darker palette.
- Speed boost: We have worked hard on making the app load faster and feel smoother.
Last but not least they now request two more permissions to allow for call recordings. You do not need to enable them if you do not plan on recording calls.
- – Phone: Allows Parrot to listen for phone calls to start and stop recordings.
- – Post Notifications: Allows Parrot to prompt users on the call screen outside of the app to record their current call.