I am LOVING this trend of BlackBerry 10 apps becoming headless apps. The latest is another top app from ToySoft called Power Tools. v2.0 of Power Tools makes the app headless on OS 10.2.1+ which means it no longer needs to be open in an active frame. Its also designated for Built for BlackBerry which is doubly certification of its quality.
Check out the new features in v2.0 below:
Version 2.0 is Headless. It means the application do not have to be running in Active Frame. Version 2 includes all the features in version 1 except for Alarms. Alarms do not work in Headless because Headless applications cannot display User Interface.
- · Holster. Change system sound profile when holstered and unholster. The only application that works correctly with the sound profiles.
- · System Event Sounds. This is similar to Lock Screen sounds in version 1 but with more features. Play a sound for system events such as lock and unlock screen, battery charging, discharging and system reset. The only application that plays predefined or custom sound whenever you restart the BlackBerry. You can select your own sound and use it.
- · Block Email from Hub. Press and hold the email from the Hub and then select Share and select Power Tools. This will open the Message Filter screen and allow you to block this sender. Easy and simple.
- · System Card. Version 2 now integrated with the system card. When you Share or Open In Power Tools will act as system Card. You can still Resize and Shred the file. Making it easier.
- · Scheduler. The Scheduler allows you to schedule a time to turn on or off Bluetooth and Block incoming calls. Future version will include will schedulers. You add the same schedule many times.
- · Cell Signal Strength. Worry about losing cell signal? There is no need. Just select a Led color for Have signal and No Signal. The Led light will continue to blink to notify you with good or no signal.
This is just the start of the Headless features. Future versions will include more features.
Check it out on BlackBerry World