Dandy a Waterloo based company is taking app development in a different direction and today they have released one of their first applications. The company has taken a crowdsourcing approach to app development. The company gives you the ability to submit an app ideas, the community provides the feedback and developers then develop the app, then the revenue is shared between both parties. You can learn more about their approach over at Dandy.co.
Their first app Picture This is available for BlackBerry, Android, and iOS beginning today.
Participate in daily photo challenges that will test your speed, creativity, and alertness while earning badges along the way. Not feeling the daily challenge? Browse ongoing challenges, vote and comment on your favorite entries, or submit your own creative ideas for future challenges. Each day brings a new set of photos to capture, entries to browse, and badges to earn. So what are you waiting for? It’s time to Picture This.
- Browse fresh daily and ongoing photo challenges like ‘Office Whiteboard Doodle”, “Hipster of the Year” or “View Out the Window”
- Capture photos directly through the app (no camera roll photos to even the playing field
- Earn from an expanding list of badges like “Fan Favorite”, “Staff Pick”, “Most Comments” and “First to Submit”.
- Submit your own creative ideas to be featured as future challenges.
- Leave comments, vote, and share your favorite photo submissions.
- Share challenges on your favorite social networks get your friends and family in on the action
You can download the application at the following link for BlackBerry 10 devices.
If you have a great app idea head over to Dandy.co and submit your idea or check what others have submitted and vote what you like best.