2013 has been a rollercoaster year for BlackBerry with the launch of BlackBerry 10, another CEO change, and more. The year has had its ups and downs for BlackBerry users and I wanted to share some of the stats on BerryReview during 2013. Since I launched BerryReview in 2006 we have been covering the latest BlackBerry news in over 15,700+ articles. In 2013 the BerryReview team has written 3,762 articles (almost 6 million characters :)) and our readers, team BerryReview, have posted 15,620 comments.
Here are the top 10 articles in 2013:
- BlackBerry Messenger 7.0.1 Now Available with BBM Voice for OS 5.0+ by Ronen Halevy
- Hot! Leaked BBM For Android APK (With Installer!) by TerrenceT
- Step By Step Guide to Sideloading Apps on BlackBerry 10 by Fubaz
- New Working Instagram for BlackBerry 10 by Fubaz
- How to Export Your Outlook Contacts to Gmail, Yahoo, or Outlook.com by Ronen Halevy
- BlackBerry Link Now Includes 2-Way Desktop Contact & Calendar Sync for BlackBerry 10 (PC Outlook & Mac) by Luis Merlos
- ONE App Developer Responsible for 47,000+ Apps in BlackBerry World? by Ronen Halevy
- How to Sideload Viber’s Android App on BlackBerry OS 10.2 (Tango & Skype Too) by the BerryReview Team
- The Four BlackBerry Z10 Models Explained (STL100-X) by Ronen Halevy
- The Song in the BlackBerry Z10 Keep Moving Commercial by the BerryReview Team
In some other fun stats we also found that we write the most articles on Monday and a majority of them go live at 9AM (due to our editorial calendar). On top of that the most active day for readers commenting on BerryReview is 9AM on Wednesdays.
Looking at what 2014 has in store:
BlackBerry’s new CEO has taken the helm at the company and seems to have a clear focus for 2014/15. That focus is broken into Enterprise, QNX, BBM, and their device business. For now we are seeing a heavy focus from BlackBerry on rebuilding their image in the enterprise space and very little on the consumer front. I am truly hoping that BlackBerry has a strong play for 2014 where they can still cater to the prosumer as they focus on enterprise.
BBM and QNX are also set as big drivers for BlackBerry in 2014. BlackBerry has reversed the trend and BBM is now growing at a health pace again which is very nice to see. They need to keep up this momentum in 2014 with voice calling and hopefully video. QNX in embedded systems like cars is going to be a hot space with Google and Apple now entering the fray.
We have also launched AndroidEffect this month to cover all of the latest developments on the platform most former BlackBerry users are choosing. I am hearing rumors that BlackBerry has something planned for Android and possibly iOS to bring the “BlackBerry experience” to the devices. Chen himself has hinted at it a few times so hopefully we have some awesome surprises in store for 2014! Maybe even BlackBerry opening the door for Google Play on BlackBerry 10?
Happy Holidays from all of the BerryReview Team! We are looking forward to sharing 2014 with all of you!