Media Mushroom has been making their Wi-Fi device switching program for BlackBerry for awhile now. Until now it was available to allow you to easily transfer contacts and calendar from Android and iOS to BlackBerry 10. Now according to a new press release from BlackBerry it will also support legacy BlackBerry devices. I am not sure what the hell took so long since users had to use BlackBerry Link or SD card backups until now.
The new Device Switch app offers:
- A fast and hassle free method for transferring data – The Device Switch app makes moving data from a BlackBerry OS smartphone to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone fast and hassle free. You don’t need to save files or set complex configurations; the app even takes care of making the Wi-Fi connections for you.
- Enjoy Your Content – You can transfer your contacts, calendar, photos, videos, notes, memos and other files/documents.
- Customization – You select the content that you want to transfer from your old BlackBerry OS smartphone to your new BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
- Flexibility – You select the smartphone model you want to switch from. Device Switch supports BlackBerry OS 5 and above.
- Security – A secret key code (PIN) shared between devices helps to make the information transfer more secure.
- High Marks from Customers – The existing versions of Device Switch for transferring from an iPhone or Android to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone are highly rated – 4 of 5 stars on BlackBerry World.
Check out the app here in BlackBerry World. Here is how the app is described:
Device Switch App Makes it Fast and Easy to Switch to a BlackBerry 10 Smartphone
A new Device Switch app makes it fast and easy to switch from a BlackBerry® OS (versions 5 – 7.x) smartphone to a BlackBerry® 10 smartphone. Device Switch has been available for customers switching from an iPhone or Android™ to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone, and is now available for customers with a BlackBerry OS smartphone making the jump to BlackBerry 10. The app is designed to transfer data quickly and seamlessly from a current BlackBerry OS smartphone to a new BlackBerry 10 smartphone over Wi-Fi® (you connect both phones to the same Wi-Fi network), and is available as a free download on the BlackBerry® World™ storefront.