I am loving where long time developer ToySoft is going with their new Power Tools app. Instead of creating a bunch of one off utilities he created them all in one toolbox. This is a key requirement on BlackBerry 10 currently since any utility app needs to take up one of your 8 active frames to run until long running headless apps come in BlackBerry 10.2.1 (if they don’t push it off again).
The Power Tools apps packs in a text and email blocker, battery monitor, custom alarms, Bluetooth schedule, LED Colors, Screen lock, custom call settings, custom scheduled profiles, wallpaper scheduling, picture resizing, file shredder and more. Power Tools is essentially the utility that everyone should have on their BlackBerry 10 device. The only downside is that the app needs to be running as an active frame to work. The developer promises to do his best to support headless apps when it becomes available and BlackBerry approves their app.
You can find the feature packed Power Tools app for $3.99 in BlackBerry World. Hopefully a free trial is coming soon but until then you can find more details on the features below:
- Message Blocker – Block Text and Email. Detail log file to keep track of blocked messages. You can view and delete the log file.
- Active Frame – Display Battery and Memory info in Active Frame. Also shows Battery Charging information like time to fully charged
- Alarm – Create custom Alarms for Daily, Weekdays and Weekly. Create multiple alarms. Snooze option. Option to select a random ringtone from your favorite sound folder as a ringtone
- Bluetooth – Control when to turn on and off Bluetooth Daily, Weekdays and Weekly. Schedule multiple Bluetooth
- LED Color – Add color LED to incoming Text, Email, Facebook LinkedIn, Twitter or Accounts. Customize LED for Contacts with Vibrate and Ringtone. Over 25 different color combinations to use. Set contact or Account to VIP status so that you will never miss their text or email. VIP will blink and play the ringtone regardless what the system Notification is set to. Sorry BBM and WhatsUp is not supported yet
- Screen Lock – Add custom sounds when screen is locked, unlocked and password locked. Have a custom password lock wallpaper
- Phone Call – Add custom LED color for all incoming calls, vibrate on call connect and disconnect
- Sound Profile – Schedule and Manage system Sound Profiles. Turn system sound to Vibrate or Silent at nights, Normal in the morning, set Vibrate at the Office, Silent at Church on Sundays, Alert Offs for weekly Staff meeting etc… Sound Profile switching is automated. You just have to set the start and end times and leave it to Power Tools. Sound Profile is only available on OS10.2 and higher
- Wallpaper – Set custom wallpaper on every minute, 5 minutes up to 8 hours, set time to change only Daily, Weekdays or Weekly. Chose a picture folder to randomly or sequentially change pictures. You can optionally add the Battery percentage and current date to the wallpaper. Note: Due to OS10.2 changes when changing wallpapers a Toast message is displayed.
- Picture Resize – Resize a single picture from the Pictures, File Manager or any apps that has Share or Open In feature. When resizing you can select many different sizes to resize the picture like Screen Size, percentage and predefined sizes.
- File Shredder – The ultimate personal security. When you delete a file from the Pictures or File Manager app the content is not erased therefore it is possible to recover the deleted file and view the content. By shredding the file it would make it impossible to recover the content. File Shredder will write to the physical location of the files with random data many files over so the content can not be recovered.
- Battery Information – Gives you detail information on the current Battery status such as percentage, usage before empty, charging information such as time to fully charged and more.
- NOTE: Each application tool can be added more than once. If you want multiple alarms just add another, want a contact text message LED just add another, want a different Wallpaper while you are at work just add a new wallpaper, want to change the sound profile during lunch just add a new Sound Profile. The possibilities are endless.