We knew that Fairfax Financial was only responsible for $250 million of the $1 billion convertible debt BlackBerry received this week but we did not know who was responsible for the rest. Now thanks to a SEC filing by BlackBerry we have the whole list including the previously rumored Qatar Holding LLC and how much they have put down. The partners in the BlackBerry deal are 80% Canadian and here is the breakdown:
- Canso Investment Counsel Ltd. – an asset manager – $300 Million
- Fairfax Financial – $250 million
- Power’s Mackenzie Financial division – $200-million
- Markel Corp. – $100-million
- Qatar Holding – $100-million
There is also a break fee of $135-million if BlackBerry is taken over within 30 days of the financing.