BlackBerry just pushed out a new update to the Beta Zone for BBM Channels. It adds some nice updates and moves us in the right direction. Check it out by following the instructions below:
BBM Channels (BBOS + BlackBerry 10) | New Upgrade Available!
Hi BBM Channels Testers,
We are thrilled to announce that a new version of BBM Channels has been posted for you to download in BlackBerry Beta Zone!
New Features Available in this Release:
- Spread the word out about BBM on iPhone and Android to your friends and family!
- When you upgrade an automatic personal message (BBM status) will alert your contacts about Multi-Platform BBM availability and how they can download!
- Easily spread the word across other mediums such as Twitter and Facebook with a new button that allows you to “Share the News”.
- Ability to Block Channel Subscribers: you will now be able to block individuals from commenting and reposting in your channel right from the channel comments.
- OS 10.2 Only: Black Theme: you spoke and we listened! You now have the ability to set a light or dark theme for BBM!
How to update to the most recent version of BBM Channels:
BBOS Users and BlackBerry OS 10.0 Users: Please follow this link to sign in and download as soon as possible.
BlackBerry 10.1 & 10.2 Users: Beta Zone App Upgrade Method Available!
All BlackBerry OS 10.1 & 10.2 users will now be able to upgrade their device over the air, just follow these quick instructions:
· Download the Beta Zone app to your device by searching for it in BlackBerry World or headhere to download now.
· Open up the Beta Zone app on your device (app icon is a ladybug underneath a magnifying glass).
· There should be an update in the Available list called ‘BBM Channels’, select ‘Download’.
· Once downloaded to your device click ‘Open’ or launch BBM Channels through BBM.
Note: if you’re not sure what software version you are using, go to Settings à About à Software Release.
We’re interested in your experience, so please share your feedback in the discussion boards!
Thank you for your participation in the BBM Channels Beta Program, we truly appreciate your feedback.