I’ve been working with the beta team from Blaq and Jerome submitted the app updated which is now available on BlackBerry World! I love how far Blaq has come and this update is even more awesome, allowing you to do more for less. This update is what you’ve been waiting for aside of the Hub integration we’ve been waiting for and still waiting. I just don’t love Blaq because it’s a perfect Twitter app, but also customer service. Jerome Carty, the developer behind Blaq, is great at addressing issues and completely devoted to his work. If you just got BlackBerry 10 and like to tweet, be sure and grab Blaq because you’re going to love it!
Thanks to Jerome, who sent us the changelog once he submitted it, and I apologize for not getting this out sooner.
Changelog is as follows:
- Account settings are now accessible from the accounts screen. Just hold down on an account.
- Ability to toggle. Hold place in timeline in Account Settings.
- Real-time streaming is now streaming is now compressed – you’ll be using 1/5th the data you were using before
- Instant push – when another Blaq user mentions you or you mention them, pushes are instant.
- Performance tweaks
- BBM Channel pins are now recognized in tweets or direct messages
- Network performance improvements.
- Users being logged out if they follow more than 600 accounts
- Share card slow to load
- Duplicate notifications
- Keyboard shortcuts in Lists (finally)
- Photos and BBM have been disabled for scheduled tweets since scheduled tweets work while the application is closed.
- Device Identifying information permission required or application crashes
- Retweeted tweet by verified account shows non-verified user as verified
- Compose options don’t repopulate when going back into options screen
- Some other crashes
If you have Blaq, be sure and update via BlackBerry World/My World/My Apps and Games/Check for Updates. If you don’t, you can grab Blaq for BlackBerry 10 for only $2.99 from the following link: