One of the annoying moves BlackBerry has done is limit their great Work Drives app to users only on BES 10. Work Drives allows users to mount network drives from their devices. Sadly normal users cannot use the app to mount network drives over Wi-Fi which would probably be effortless for BlackBerry to do. Either way BlackBerry has posted a new maintenance release to the application that adds the following features:
- Pin your files and folders in order to access them offline
- Turn your legacy network drives into secure “cloud” storage repositories for your BlackBerry 10 enabled workforce
- Automatically synchronize the latest changes that you’ve made to offline files
- User controlled setting to choose the mobile network in addition to Wi-Fi as the method for file transfers and synchronization
- Enhanced notifications now appear in the BlackBerry Hub as well as in the Work Drives application
Check out the update here and remember you must be on BES 10 for it to work.