BBM Channels just got a nice update tonight. The most impressive addition is the ability to start a chat with the chat owner and from device to device. BlackBerry was kind enough to share the change log:
- Chat! Ability to chat device to device. From the Channel overview or profile you can start a chat with the channel owner.
- If you’re a channel owner, make sure you enable chat in your channel profile.
- Subscriber count added to channel profile: no longer will you need to wonder the subscriber count for the channels you are subscribed to.
- Search Improvements: support for pagination and a new search animation.
- Support new lines in create post description field: add intrigue to your post by spacing out your description.
- Allow channel owners to exclude their channels from search – users can now create channels that will be excluded from search.
- Active text support for Channel PIN’s – whenever a BBM Channel ID is noted, users can select the Channel ID to open up the Channel within BBM. *Already supported on BBOS, new to BlackBerry 10
Check out the latest update here in the beta zone for both legacy devices and BlackBerry 10. Expect the BerryReview channel to have chat up as soon as I figure out how to turn it on