It seems like the BlackBerry social apps team is listening to feedback. In one fell swoop they have fixed practically all my main complaints with the Twitter for BlackBerry 10 app. This new v10.2 of Twitter for BlackBerry 10 adds multiple account support. It also allows you to view, reply, and send direct messages from the app instead of just the hub. Here is a list of all the other improvements:
- Multiple Accounts –With Twitter 10.2 you can now add additional Twitter accounts within the app.
- Direct Message – Twitter 10.2 allows you to view, reply and send new Direct Messages right within the app.
- Improved Refresh –Improved refresh always maintains your current location in the timeline.
- Discover – Twitter 10.2 offers a new Discover page that delivers a stream of Tweets, accounts to follow and more. Simply pull to refresh or scroll to see more and discover even more fascinating people to follow. Plus the Activity page provides a view into what the people you are following are doing on Twitter including who they’re following and what tweets they’re favoriting.
- Photo Save –With Twitter 10.2 you can save pictures being shared on Twitter directly to your BlackBerry.
- Search Improvements – Now you can view your recent and saved searches and with Type Ahead, search suggestions are provided for you as text is entered in the search field.
- Refreshed UI – A wider timeline in all parts of the app provides a fresh new design and makes it easier to browse.
Check out the updated Twitter for BlackBerry 10 free here