BlackBerry has updated their Facebook app for legacy devices this week in the Beta Zone. The new update adds the ability to filter news feeds along with a new look and feel for user profiles and photo tags in news feeds. BlackBerry was even kind enough to include a full change log:
Newsfeed Filtering: Filter your newsfeed using a quick access filtering button found in the Navigation List.
Newsfeed Filtering Options:
- Show all: Select this option to remove all filters and display all News Feed posts retrieved from Facebook sorted by most recent.
- Status Updates: Select this filter to only display News Feed posts containing status updates.
- A post that appears with this filter applied can include links and tagged users but NOT photo uploads.
- Photos: Select this filter to only display News Feed posts containing photo uploads.
- A post that appears with this filter applied will NOT contain status updates or links.
- Links: Select this filter to only display News Feed posts containing marked hyperlinks.
- A post that appears with this filter applied can include status updates as well as links but NOT photo uploads.
New look and feel for your User Profile:
- Ability to view Cover Photo (*setting Cover Photo not part of this release)
- Larger Profile image
- New more actions button (*only available when viewing another user’s profile)
- User can set profile image from BlackBerry menu key when their picture is selected from their photo album
Ability to view multiple photo tags in News Feed:
- Profile names for up to 2 tagged people will be displayed
- For three or more tagged people, the number of people will be displayed
You can find the new Facebook in the Beta Zone here