We told you earlier today that BlackBerry rolled out Secure Work Space for iOS and Android. Now they have been kind enough to share a video detailing how the Secure Work Space works using an iOS device. Check it out below:
BlackBerry listed out the key value propositions for Secure Work Space on iOS and Android including:
- Secure Work Space for iOS and Android includes core starter apps such as email, contacts, calendar, and a fantastic and secure HTML5 compatible browser.
- Also included is containerization; both corporate and third-party application-wrapping without the need to modify source code.
- Secure connectivity is integrated into every level of the solution, and most importantly, data in transit is routed through the global BlackBerry Infrastructure.
- You don’t need an expensive VPN, you don’t need multiple vendors, deployment is straightforward, and global technical support is available.
BlackBerry has also been kind enough to detail out some more of the features added in BES 10.1.1 today. This includes Application Wrapping to secure other applications on iOS and Android devices. Here are the details:
BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.1.1 is an update to BlackBerry’s multi-platform Enterprise Mobility Management solution that provides device and app management for BYOD and corporate-owned BlackBerry®, iOS and Android™ devices.
Secure Work Space for iOS and Android
- Secure Work Space is a new containerization, application-wrapping and secure connectivity option that delivers a higher level of control and security to iOS and Android devices, all managed through the single BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 administration console.
- Secure Work Space integrates the following applications within the secure container:
- Integrated Email, Calendar and Contacts
- Notes and Tasks for iOS devices
- Enterprise-level secure browser
- Secure document viewing and editing with a premium edition of Documents To Go™.
- User authentication is required to access these secure applications, and data contained within the work space cannot be shared with personal applications outside Secure Work Space.
- Included with Secure Work Space is the ability for IT Administrators to securely deploy applications to iOS and Android devices. Application wrapping enables customers to secure additional applications to run within Secure Work Space using a familiar and intuitive management console user interface.
- Secure Connectivity extends BlackBerry security capabilities for data-at-rest and data-in-transit through an AES 256-bit secure connection between the container and the corporate network that leverages the same BlackBerry Secure Infrastructure that securely connects BlackBerry devices.
- Secure Connectivity introduces BlackBerry’s consolidated outbound port (3101) solution, aimed at greatly simplifying firewall configuration and giving customers a more secure, simple, cost effective and VPN-less infrastructure to reliably manage all of their mobile devices.
The BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.1.1 server software will be available as a free download at www.BES10.com. The purchase of a BES10 EMM Secure Work Space v10.1 Annual Client Access License (CAL) is required to deploy Secure Work Space for iOS and Android devices. BES10 EMM Secure Work Space v10.1 CALs must be purchased through eCommerce 2.0. Customers cannot exchange old CALs for BES10 EMM Secure Work Space v10.1 CALs.
BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.1.1 server software is also available as a sixty (60) day free trial including 50 BES10 EMM Secure Work Space v10.1 CALs and 50 BES10 EMM Corporate v10.1 – CALs, and can be downloaded here.
The BlackBerry 10 Ready Program continues to run with offers, information and resources to help organizations make the transition to BlackBerry 10 fast, easy, and cost effective. A new free upgrade offer from BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4 to BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5 is now available, saving customers the USD$995 software upgrade fee. BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5 is required in order to manage BlackBerry OS smartphones through BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, and existing customers can still take advantage of the free license exchange program at www.blackberry.com/blackberry10ready, which is available until December 31, 2013.**
* *Terms and conditions apply. Subject to change without notice. For more information visit: www.blackberry.com/licensetradeup