When BBM Channels first was announced and launched as a beta at BlackBerry Live, they mentioned a web portal which was not available at the time. Now in the BlackBerry Beta Zone the web portal is available for you to either set up a new Channel, manage your channel from the web, or for those who prefer the web based experience. This is great as it allows you to manage comments, use your laptop or pc, whatever use I’m sure that we’ll all find.
I’ve included some screen shots of the web portal as well as the links, so if you’re interested in setting up a channel or looking for more ways to manage your channel, now’s the time since there’s no more waiting for the web portal. Naturally you will sign into the Beta Zone first, and then go to the portal so that you’re signed in and your channel will appear. It’s also important to note that support for ie is coming, but not available at this time.
And just a short recap for those of you who aren’t too sure what Channels is or what it can do:
- Channel Profile – View personalised channel profiles for each BBM Channel including additional content helping to bring the channel to life such as a welcome messages, images, maps and more.
- Receive Posts – Stay up to date on the things that matter to you with instant updates from your subscribed channels. Receive notification when new posts are available and chose whether you would like to be notified.
- Engagement options – Get involved in conversations with your favourite communities by commenting on and liking posts from the Channels to which you have subscribed. Or share interesting posts with your BBM contacts.
- Chat (Coming Soon) – Get more personal with one to one conversations. Many BBM Channels allow subscribers to enjoy private conversations via BBM.
- Discovery – Easily find and share your favourite communities on BBM Channels. Check out which Channels are currently featured on the carousel. Channel invites can be shared between BBM contacts or add a Channel via PIN or QR code.
- User Controls – Be in control of your notifications with the BBM Channel mute button. It allows you to select exactly which subscribed channels you would like to receive notifications from.
Have you created a channel? Would you like to add it in the comments to share with our readers and us? Or if you haven’t created a channel, why not?