I am personally waiting for BlackBerry to add multiple account support for Twitter but until then we have a nice update for Twitter and LinkedIn on BlackBerry 10. There are two version numbers with 10.1.3 coming for OS 10.1 devices and 10.0.3 for OS 10.0 devices. BlackBerry was kind enough to release a change log for these versions with new features like integrating more Twitter content in universal search and importing your contacts into LinkedIn. Here are the details:
New Features for Twitter version 10.0.3/10.1.3
- Enjoy more content with Universal Search –See more content when you’re searching. You’ll be able to view related profiles, tweets and top tweets, photos and relevant searches all on one page.
- Always Fresh Content – Content that is always fresh and up to date. Automatic caching gives you the current information at your fingertips without having to manually refresh your tabs.
New Features for LinkedIn version 10.0.3/10.1.3
- Find your current contacts on LinkedIn: With the latest update, you can import the personal address book from your BlackBerry 10 device to LinkedIn, making it easier to view and connect to your contacts on LinkedIn.
- UI improvements: We’ve updated the overall design of the LinkedIn application for BlackBerry 10 to improve the user experience. These updates include improved visual styling, better pull down functionalities for refreshes, touch down feedback on clicking list items, and more.
- Follow and learn about companies :An important element of LinkedIn is the ability to connect to companies and subscribe for company related updates and content. The latest version of LinkedIn for BlackBerry 10 allows you to view information about the companies you follow in greater detail, such as:
- How you’re connected
- Similar Companies
- News & Updates
- Other Updates: We’ve made quite a few additional updates to LinkedIn for BlackBerry 10. These include inbox enhancements, deleting and archiving messages, people search improvements, and the ability to update your profile photo from within the app. To get all the details, visit the official app page on the BlackBerry World application storefront.
The updates should be available in BlackBerry World in the next 24 hours at the following links:
Let us know when you see them!