One of my favorite alert apps of all time is BeBuzz by Bellshare GmbH. I like that I can have it on silent and watch for the lights, along with personalizing the alerts and can see who’s trying to contact me on silent or not. I was so happy when it became available for BlackBerry 10, it was the one app I was lost without. There are several features BeBuzz has, but first We’ll go over the changelog.
- BeBuzz Pro is available in BlackBerry World and is only $2.99. What’s new in this update?
- Added support for Q10 / BlackBerry OS 10.1
- Added support for setting a LED for work e-mail / any non-detected e-mail accounts
- Added support to star contacts so they override bedside mode / sleeping time
Features included are:
- Choose from 7 predefined solid LED and 12 rapid flashing DISCO LED COLORS
- STACK 2 LED COLORS for even more color variations
- Set LED colors and audible reminders for E-Mails, text (SMS), Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger messages and missed calls from your FAVORITE CONTACTS. See who it is that is contacting you!
- Assign colors for BlackBerry Messenger (only while device is locked), Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and incoming and missed calls
- Repeating Notifiers: Keep your phone’s audible notifiers repeating until you acknowledge them
- Text-to-Speech: BeBuzz will read your e-mails and text messages out aloud!
- Fully interactive popups for e-mails and text messages. Preview, delete, flag and mark as read e-mails and texts straight from the popup.
- LED notifications and audible reminders will stop when you unlock the phone, peek/open the hub or press any hardware button
- E-mail and text filters. Create notifications for specific messages filtered by message sender or subject/body. Automatically perform actions on filtered e-mail messages (Delete, flag, mark as read, change priority)
- Customizable vibrate for every notification
- Vibrate on call connect/disconnect
- Coverage Indicator: Get your BlackBerry 7 blinking green status light back
- Select from BeBuzz logo, Contact Photos or Battery Indicator for the active frame
- Battery indicator shows time to full/empty or available memory
- ‘E-Mail Auto Sync’ when entering/exiting Hub keeps your e-mail accounts in sync at all times. No battery drain! Better than increasing the e-mail account sync frequency!
- Fully customizable and doesn’t drain your battery!
The most important thing to keep in mind about BeBuzz is that on the BlackBerry 10 OS, it must be left running in an active frame to work. If you close the app out, it will discontinue working. I can’t wait til the apps have the ability to be made headless.