KeePass is a very popular open source password manager that I have been using on my PC for awhile. Dan Samargiu has created a native port of the KeePass app bringing it to BlackBerry 10 though it is in a pretty basic form right now. It allows you to open KeePass v1.x password database files (though not the newer v2.x databases). It right now gives you only read only access but you can sync the file to your desktop using DropBox. This is a promising new port with the following features currently:
This Native port includes:
- Read only access to KeePass 1.x Databases
- Dropbox Integration for syncing across devices
- Easy Search functionality to find your passwords.
- Copy to Clipboard for username and password.
- Browser Integration. Easy one-click access to stored URL’s (Launches in BlackBerry Browser through Invocation Framework)
- Database automatically locks when minimized for more than 30 seconds. (Configurable in settings)
Dan also set an ambition roadmap including:
- Write access to KeePass 1.x Databases
- Password’s sorted in groups. (Currently, all passwords are shown in one list)
- Edit/Create New forms.
- Password Generation for Edit/Create New forms.
- Read & Write access for KeePass 2.x Databases
Thanks Ofutur for the tip!