If you have been looking for a VoIP SIP phone for your BlackBerry 10 device look no further than Taki. Taki allows you to connect to practically any SIP based VoIP provider along with PBX’s like Asterisk. You can even make calls to Skype customers if you have a Skype SIP profile and your SIP provider supports interconnection with Skype. Taki was recently updated to v1.5 and then v1.6 to add support for both the BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10. Unlike the PlayBook version the BlackBerry 10 version is a native Cascades app so it looks beautiful. It also supports both Bluetooth and wired headsets which is nice.
Check out the change log below:
– Contacts tab reworked to display all contacts.
– History tab updated to provide one touch dial and call details.
– De-register on exit.
– UI and stability improvements.
– UI modified to support new Q10 phones.
– Bluetooth headset support. Check this articleto find how to use it.
– Wired headset support.
– Audio quality improvements.
– Added monitoring of network availability and re-initialization when the phone moves to another net.
– Improved power consumption.
– Stability improvements.
– UI font adjusted to match native Z10 fonts.
– Fix black screen that sometimes stays at the end of the call.