With the launch of BlackBerry OS 10.1 right around the corner we will be hearing about upgrades to BlackBerry Link. BBIN managed to score a change log of what is coming with the new v1.1 of BlackBerry Link. I heard that this upcoming update will also add two way contact sync but that is not details they shared. Until then check out the list below and we will update you on what we hear!
ADDITIONAL FEATURES OF BLACKBERRY LINK 1.1
The following additional features are included in BlackBerry Link 1.1:
- BlackBerry device removal
- Corporate liable policy
- Import location settings
BLACKBERRY DEVICE DISASSOCIATION
To stop associating your BlackBerry device with BlackBerry Link, you can remove your device from BlackBerry Link. After
you remove your device from BlackBerry Link, you can’t use BlackBerry Link to sync the data between that device and your
computer, or use the remote file access feature to access content on your computer from that device.
- On your computer, open BlackBerry Link.
- If necessary, sign out of BlackBerry ID.
- At the bottom of the screen, click your device.
- Click the icon.
- In the Settings view, in the left pane, click Remove Device.
- Click OK.
ABOUT THE CORPORATE LIABLE POLICY
If your BlackBerry device is activated on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, some features of BlackBerry Link may be
restricted by IT policies. You should contact your administrator if you experience the following issues:
- You can’t see your device in BlackBerry Link
- You can’t back up your device data
- You can’t see some of the media or documents that you saved from the work space on your device
- You can’t restore data to your device
- Some of your files aren’t synchronized