BlackBerry is not just revamping their products but also how they interact with their partners who range from resellers, to developers, to anyone else providing support and services around BlackBerry. BlackBerry wants to make sure these partners have the tools and resources to succeed and make BlackBerry succeed. With that in mind they have changed up their BlackBerry Partner Support Services program to better align with their partners needs. These changes include:
- New program levels with new options to enable partners to price their programs more efficiently and have more consistent margins.
- More options for accessing BlackBerry support representatives to create a more comprehensive program.
- New entrance criteria offering discounts tied to BlackBerry Certification.
That means they have moved to a more consistent cost basis instead of the previous per-incident model by moving to a per user device per month fee. Tier 3 support now also requires customers to have BlackBerry certification which many partners supposedly already have.
· Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog post
· BPSS program registration
We’d also like to offer you a briefing with a BlackBerry executive to talk in more detail about BPSS, the enhancements being made, and the benefits they bring to our partners and resellers.
Sound interesting? If so, just let me know what days and times would work best for you and I’m happy to handle scheduling arrangements.