I have been hearing from quite a few readers who recently purchased the Verizon BlackBerry Z10 about issues I know BlackBerry has resolved months ago. I know that Verizon has an older version of the BlackBerry 10 OS but some of these issues are very painful. For example, here is just one laundry list of complaints from a single Verizon BlackBerry Z10 owner today:
- BlackBerry 10 Android Player menu swipe down stops working – Only fix is to turn on airplane mode, reboot, and pray.
- Charging just stops for no reason
- Sudden random reboots multiple times a day (They cannot use third party apps that need to be running)
- Random lack of connection in Android apps when other apps work along with Force Close annoyances
- Browser crashes regularly
All of these issues are things that I know BlackBerry has directly addressed and fixed in current OS updates on other carriers. For some reason the Verizon BlackBerry Z10 has been left out in the cold leaving BlackBerry faithful users with a bad impression of BlackBerry Z10. One that does not exist on any other carrier (that I know of).
I know that BlackBerry is putting the full court press on Verizon to get them to update but I have not been able to get any target dates due to their miles of red tape. If you do happen to have a BlackBerry Z10 on Verizon and are running into issues I only posted this to make sure you know that you are not alone AND this is not a typical BlackBerry Z10 experience. Hopefully Verizon users will get an OS update shortly to rectify the situation. Until now those Verizon Z10 users who are willing to take risks and have some technical know how are trying to load the latest leaked OS on their devices with some luck.