A friend of mine told me about Vivino Wine Scanner on his Android so I decided to check if it was available for BlackBerry 10. Turns out Vivino has ported their Android app to BlackBerry 10 back at the Z10 launch and it works decently. Its a bit excessive with the permissions that they ask for but my guess is that is just a carry over from their Android app. Vivino allows you to take a picture of a wine and it will automatically recognize it by matching it to their database. That way you can remember what wines you like and not have to enter in all the details.
Here are the features of Vivino:
- Automatically recognizes the wine, by analyzing the label. Any unmatched wine will be manually matched by us.
- Build a winelist of all the wines you taste and keep track of your likes and dislikes
- Follow the wine-experiences of your friends and get inspiration for your next wine.
- Add your favorites to your own Wish List.
- Use the Nearby feature to check out the selection of wines in a restaurant, supermarket or liquor store – Works offline as well. Scanned wines are saved for later processing
- Upload old photos from your Photo Album for recognition
- User-generated content, like ratings, tips, where the wine can be purchased, prices etc. grow day by day with our expanding community of users.
With the Pro version for $4.99 users also can access:
- Simple cellar management. Get an easy overview of the wines in your cellar or wine rack, and sort them by price, rating or date. You can also keep track of the wines you buy and consume.
- Search our 500,000 wines using text. Find any wine using text-search when you don’t have the bottle in front of you.
- Get in the Fast Track for manual matching. Skip the line for manual matching when we don’t automatically match your scan. As a Pro user, your scan will be handled with the highest priority by our team.
- Support Team Vivino. Enable us to continue improving the app for you and all other Vivino users. Your help is much appreciated!