We told you about the upcoming mid to lower end BlackBerry R-Series devices a few times in the past. We have a pretty good idea that they will be what the Curve line has been to the Bold line until now. The R-Series will be a close mimic of the BlackBerry Q10 so you can just imagine a lower end version of it.
With that said Lhaini (via BBEmpire) has posted some of their findings while purportedly playing with the device along with a drawing of the design. Here are some of the highlights: (Keep in mind this is Indonesian translated to English via Google Translate)
- The casing is solid but lightweight plastic
- There are hot-swappable MicroSD AND SIM cards
- There is a MicroUSB charging port but no MicroHDMI display port
- It has a built in nonremovable 1800mAh battery (Weird for BlackBerry to go non-removable but this may just be a mistake in translation)
- Includes media controls on the side
- Only 8GB of memory
- OS and device version UnknownSQR100-3/10.1.0.1002
- UI is similar to the Q10 though slightly updated
- Almost the same screen size as the Q10 but not as great quality
All in all it seems to fall in line with a low end BlackBerry Q10 for emerging markets. I would be dissapointed if they went with a non-removable battery but maybe they have a reason for it. On the other hand I am not sure what the thinking is behind the smaller 8GB memory.
Let us know if you can read Indonesian!