While the BlackBerry World team is still struggling with elementary features like coupon codes and gift cards they do seem to be trying to improve. One of the things that many people complained about when BlackBerry revamped BlackBerry World was that search results were no longer sorted by popularity by default and search results in general never found what you were looking for anymore. Well the BlackBerry World team has responded with three fixes:
- Keywords: an apps content title, category names, and vendor name will automatically be added as an app keyword. That means you can finally just search for something like “BlackBerry Gift Cards” and find… 🙂
- Boost: This is something BlackBerry World broke and is now sort of fixing. They are now weighing apps based on their downloads and ratings to show the more relevant ones first. For example, searching for “Google Talk” should bring up the official Google Talk client before the 10 or so unofficial clients.
- Fixed other features they broke in the last update:
- BlackBerry finally got around to fixing the formatting issue on the product page so we can get at least basic formatting
- They finally brought back “sort by popularity” that they inexplicably took away
- They also fixed the RSS feeds which they broke in the last update
In short the BlackBerry World team seems to at least be listening to developer and user feedback. Hopefully they will get the program and implement coupon codes shortly. Check out the details here.