BlackBerry has a quite a few features to round out in the official Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn apps. They have made a nice step in that direction with the release of Twitter v10.0.1 and LinkedIn v10.0.1 today. Twitter now offers you more options for your tweets and better image viewing finally! LinkedIn also freshens up the app with messaging, images, and job search. BlackBerry was even kind enough to offer a change log for each release:
What’s new in Twitter v10.0.1:
- Doing more on the Compose Tweet Screen – An enhanced Compose Tweet Screen allows you to take a new photo or add an existing one, add your location, and offers a shortcut for [email protected]
- Composing Direct Messages – It’s now easier for you to compose a Direct Message – you can do it right from the “Me” tab within the app. Viewing Direct Messages from your contacts is also available in the BlackBerry Hub.
- Edit Profile – You can now edit your profile picture, header, and details from your BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
- Conversation view – You’ll see full conversation history when clicking on a Tweet.
- Improved Image Viewing – You can now view pic.twitter.com full screen images, as well as pinch to zoom and pan images from the Tweet details. Also, you can view full screen profile pictures from other Twitter users.
- Deleting Tweets – You are now able to delete your own tweets from any screen where their tweet is displayed. It’s as simple as holding down on a tweet and selecting the trash icon.
- Block and Report as Spam – Block and report users as spam.
- Enhanced Menu – Do more from the timeline, with new options to “Quote Tweet” after selecting “Retweet” as well as “Open Tweet” to view the tweet details page.
What’s new in LinkedIn v10.0.1:
- LinkedIn Messages – Allows you to quickly message your connections from their profile page.
- Enhanced Job Search tools – You now have access to view, search and save jobs that are ‘Recommended’ for you.
- LinkedIn Today – Choose the LinkedIn news that matters the most by filtering the news by Industries you are interested in.
- Better Image Viewing – Full-screen viewing of LinkedIn profiles for an enhanced visual experience.
Sadly BlackBerry still has not been able to figure out how to do an update on BlackBerry World in less than 24 hours so the update may not show up immediately. You may want to manually check for updates to try and speed up the process.