BlackBerry announced today that they have pushed out an OS update for the BlackBerry Z10. The list of improvements are based on the feedback from early adopters of the device. If that is the case I like the new BlackBerry, because that is one thing that will make the device much better. Hopefully they keep this up and bring out new features to BlackBerry 10. Check out the list of improvements below. The software version is 10.0.10.85 and the OS version is 10.0.10.672.
- 3rd Party App PerformanceWe’ve improved performance for 3rd party applications, so developers can build apps that run fast and smooth for you. With this update, you might want to keep an eye out for some fresh new app launches in March, like WhatsApp.
- Phone, Calendar, and ContactsAmong the top improvements and features are fixes for Gmail calendars on BlackBerry 10. You’ll also find improvements in the BlackBerry Hub for logging calls log and how conversations are handled. We’ve also made general improvements to importing contacts from online sources.
- CameraWe’ve optimized the camera for better photos in low-light situations. You’ll love the difference this makes for photos where you don’t use a flash – like the Time Shift Camera feature.
- Browser and MediaWith more and more of you using the gorgeous screen on the BlackBerry Z10 to consume online videos and media, we’ve made a number of improvements to the software in the way the browser handles video playback to provide a fantastic experience.
- Battery LifeThe software team has included a number of battery life optimizations with over 60 battery saving improvements since launch to keep you moving. These combined improvements are designed so that you see improvements in battery life and heavy users especially should see a longer average usage per charge cycle.
How to update your software on BlackBerry 10
Software is available over the air (OTA). Typically, you’ll get a notification about new updates, but you can manually check to see if it has been made available by your service provider and install it in a few simple steps.
Settings> Software Updates> Check for Updates> — then follow the on screen steps to install.
The download is approximately 150MB in size, so I recommend updating when connected to Wi-Fi.
There you have it – the first OTA update to your BlackBerry 10 smartphone. We’ll be rolling out the update with all of our carrier partners around the globe over the coming weeks. Be sure to check it out when it’s available and let us know what you think in the comments below. Your feedback is always welcomed and we will continue to listen as we update and improve BlackBerry 10
Source: Inside BlackBerry blog