BlackBerry recently launched the BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker for hands free calling and music streaming . The speaker is a little big bigger than most in-car hands free Bluetooth devices, but it is ultra portable making it easy to take anywhere or simply clip to your car’s visor. The sound and is clear, and very loud if you turn up the volume, but usually half way volume works good enough.
What’s in the box
- Mini stereo speaker
- Micro-USB charging cable
- 3.5mm stereo auxiliary cable
- User guide
- Safety information
- Light clip-on design allows you to wear it on a shoulder strap, place it on a table, desk or bedside table-the options are endless!
- Noise-reduction and echo-cancellation technology ensure your voice is heard loud and clear
- Play music or take calls from any Bluetooth-enabled portable media player, smartphone or tablet. Compatible with all devices supporting Bluetooth HFP 1.5, A2DP and AVRCP
- Multi-point technology enables seamless music-playing and hands free calling using either of two connected devices
- Optimized portable speakerphone – Noise reduction and echo cancellation technology, ensures your voice is heard loud and clear
- Universal Bluetooth® compatibility – Play music or take calls from any Bluetooth enabled portable media payer, smartphone or tablet
- Connect to two smartphones simultaneously – Multipoint technology enables seamless music playing and hands free calling using either smartphone
- Up to 16 hours talk time.
- Up to 14 hours streaming time.
- Minimum 40 days standby time
Pairing the device is super easy you simply turn on the Mini Stereo and the device is in pairing mode if is the first time use.
- For devices running BlackBerry Device Software 7.x, click the Manage Connections icon > Networks and Connections > Bluetooth Connections > Turn Bluetooth On > Add New Device > Search.
- For devices running BlackBerry 10 OS, swipe down from the top of the home screen. Tap Bluetooth and make sure Bluetooth is on.
- Once the device is found simply click on it on your phone and the password should be 0000.
For second device pairing follow the following steps:
- Pairing tasks
- Turn on pairing mode Press and hold for 5 seconds, until you hear 3 short beeps.
- Cancel pairing mode Press 1 time.
- Clear pairing list Press and hold for 8 seconds while sliding the power switch to the On position, until you hear two long beeps
The mini stereo speakers is a huge improvement from previous devices made by (RIM) now BlackBerry. Pair this with the Z10 and you have an awesome combination for hands free calling. The design allows for easily mounting on your car’s visor. If you are wanting to stream music the mini stereo speaker allows music streaming from your device. The mini stereo offers a good sound quality and is also loud enough to stream music from your BlackBerry. Aside from being a great car companion the device makes it extremely portable which means you can take it just about anywhere. If you tend to travel and want a device that will provides good sound to stream your phones music this device packs enough sound, and last for quite a long time with a single charge.