One of my biggest issues I have struggled with has been the lack of features within Twitter for BlackBerry 10. I
want NEED multiple accounts on the device, I run my companies twitter account, a personal one, and I help manage BerryReviews. It was so frustrating. Well today I decided to start testing Android ports, and VOILA, Twitter for Android had it! I have been using it for the past few hours and its great!
Here is how you can get it too (does require sideloading)
Here is a link from our forums on how to sideload (yes it is for the PlayBook, but the process is EXACTLY the same)
After you have that installed, download the Android version of Twitter that has been converted to work on BlackBerry 10 HERE.
From there, run DDPB and sideload it. Using previous instructions in the link above.
Once you open it (might be a tad slow) I followed the instructions from the Twitter help site
How to add an existing account:
- Tap the Sign in button on the home screen.
- Enter your username or and password.
- If you have multiple Twitter accounts, once you are logged in to the app, you can add another account by going to the Me tab and tap on the person icon under your Tweet count or via Settings.
- If you have multiple accounts added to the app, you can switch by pressing the Switch Account button. You can also do this by pressing the menu button on your device from the home timeline and tapping Accounts.
- If you have more than two accounts added to your phone, you will now notice a person icon under your Tweet count on the Me tab.
Now this isn’t perfect, but it is a great work around for now. And this is where I do really like to see a ported app filling in to where a native one isn’t ready. And it does give notification in the Hub, note that it won’t show under the Twitter section, but under notifications.