For example, you can use a bookmarklet to show you a QR code for the page you are currently on. Alternatively you can use it to Google Translate the current page you are on with one click. There are loads of possibilities. Hell you can even create a monster bookmarklet that contains multiple bookmarklet options. I personally use this bookmarklet from Digital Inspiration to create shortened URL’s using Google’s URL shortener.
To add a bookmarklet you
- hold your finger over the bookmarklet you wish to import until the slide out options menu shows up on the right
- If you slide out the menu a bit more you will see the URL you are bookmarking on top
- to save the bookmarklet you click the add bookmark button.
- When you want to use that bookmarklet just browse to the page you wish
- Press the menu button and select bookmarks
- Click the bookmarklet and it will perform the action it is set to do!
Stay tuned for my favorite bookmarklet shortly!